.PWT File Extension
AutoCAD Publish To Web Template
3.8 | 5 Votes
What is a PWT file?
A PWT file is a web publishing template used by AutoCAD, a 2D and 3D design and drawing application. It contains settings used to publish drawings (.DWG files) as web HTML files. PWT files include image, text, hyperlink, color, webpage title, and video animation properties that control how drawings are published.
AutoCAD includes several default PWT files that designers can use to publish their drawings in a variety of HTML formats. These include:
- Array of Thumbnails, which creates a webpage that contains an array of thumbnails
- Array Plus Summary, which creates a webpage that contains an array of thumbnails paired with summaries
- List of Drawings, which creates a webpage that contains a list of drawings
- List Plus Summary, which creates a webpage that contains a list of drawings and summary information about a selected image
Advanced AutoCAD users can copy and modify these default PWT files to create customized publishing templates.
NOTE: PWT files are not the same as .PTW files. PTW files are drawing-specific and are created after a PWT file has been used to publish a drawing in HTML format.
How to open a PWT file
If you want to create and use a custom PWT publishing template, you can:
- Copy an existing PWT file and rename it to use the .htm or .html extension. (If you need to find your PWT files, AutoCAD typically stores them in its PTWTemplates directory.)
- Open the renamed file in an HTML or text editor and customize it as you see fit. The file will contain comments that should help you decide what adjusments you want to make.
- Save the renamed file with the .pwt extension.
- In AutoCAD's PTWTemplates directory, create a new CustomTemplate folder.
- Move your customized PWT file to the CustomTemplate folder.
The next time you publish a drawing to web in AutoCAD, your custom PWT template will appear as a selectable Publish to Web template.
Programs that open or reference PWT files
Pocket Word Template
3.3 | 3 Votes
|Category||Page Layout Files|
What is a PWT file?
Template created by Microsoft Pocket Word, a reduced version of Microsoft Word for Pocket PC mobile devices; contains the default styles and formatting for a .PSW document; used for creating multiple documents with the same look and feel.