File Type of the Day
Valve Data File
A VDF file is a data file format used by Valve's Source game engine. It contains various kinds of game metadata, including data for resources, installation scripts, configuration scripts, and visualization elements.
Java Class File
A CLASS file is a compiled .JAVA file created by the Java compiler. It contains bytecode, which is binary program code that is executable when run by a Java Virtual Machine (JVM).
Objective-C Implementation File
An M file is a class implementation file used by programs written in Objective-C. It begins with the @implementation directive and initializes variables and functions that can be referenced by other Objective-C source files.
Universal File Viewers
Open your files with one of the file viewing utilities recommended by FileInfo.com.
FileInfo.com contains a searchable database of over 10,000 file extensions with detailed information about the associated file types. You can look up information about unknown file types and find programs that open the files. Learn more about FileInfo.com.
- May 29, 2021Published new version of FileInfo.com with modernized user interface and performance improvements.
- February 4, 2021File Viewer Plus 4.0.1 is now available.
- January 26, 2021Learn about macOS packages and how to view the contents of a package.
- December 21, 2020File Viewer for Android 3.6 is now available.
- September 9, 2020Sort programs by pricing and platform on file extension pages.
- July 23, 2020Pricing information is now listed next to each program on file extension pages.