File Type of the Day
MicroStation Design File
A DGN file is a 2D/3D drawing created by various construction CAD software, such as MicroStation and Intergraph Interactive Graphics Design System. It may be saved in one of two formats, either the Intergraph Standard File Format (ISFF) or the newer V8 DGN standard.
XML Shareable Playlist File
An XSPF file is a playlist saved in the XML Shareable Playlist Format (XSPF). It is similar to a .M3U file, but uses standard XML tags to organize and list media files included in the playlist.
An LNK file is a Windows shortcut, which points to and is used to open another file, folder, or application. It contains information about the object to which it points, including the object's type, location, and filename.
Universal File Viewers
Open your files with one of the file viewing utilities recommended by FileInfo.com.
FileInfo.com contains a searchable database of over 10,000 file extensions with detailed information about the associated file types. You can look up information about unknown file types and find programs that open the files. Learn more about FileInfo.com.
- September 28, 2022File Viewer Plus 4.2 is now available.
- September 9, 2022File Viewer for Android 4.2.1 is now available.
- June 17, 2022Drop a file on the home page to identify the file type.
- March 2, 2022Learn about some alternatives to Adobe Creative Cloud.
- December 28, 2021Drop a file on the home page to view file details.
- December 17, 2021Learn about the 3-2-1 backup rule to protect your data.
- December 9, 2021File Viewer for Android has surpassed 10 million installs.