The File Information Database
Search over 10,000 file extensions and software programs.
Today's File Type – December 12th
An IGS file is a graphics file saved in a 2D/3D vector format based on the Initial Graphics Exchange Specification (IGES). It can store wireframe models, surface or solid object representations, circuit diagrams, and other objects. IGS files are used by many CAD programs as a standard ASCII text-based format for saving and exporting vector data.
View more »
|File Types||Browse file types and file extensions.|
|Software||Browse software program reviews.|
|Help Center||Find answers to file-related questions.|
|Tutorials||Watch helpful file-related video tutorials.|
|Developers||Submit your file types and file extensions.|
Universal File Viewers
|Windows||File Viewer Plus for Windows|
|Mac||File Viewer for Mac|
|Android||File Viewer for Android|
Need a File Viewer?
Choose your platform:
- November 20, 2019Learn about ransomware and how to remove it from your computer.
- November 8, 2019View previous daily file types on the home page.
- October 30, 2019File Viewer for Android 3.2 is now available, featuring dark mode.
- October 23, 2019Explore FileInfo with the updated Advanced Search.
- July 5, 2019File Viewer Plus 3.2 is now available.
- June 14, 2019Watch four ways to take screenshots in Windows 10.
- May 22, 2019Activate dark mode using the icon in the navigation bar!
- May 10, 2019Watch five ways to take screenshots in macOS.
- April 25, 2019Learn how to cite content from FileInfo.com.
- March 1, 2019Watch how to open unknown files in Windows 10.