FileInfo - The File Extensions Database
Search over 10,000 file extensions and software programs.
Today's File Type – May 22nd
An LNK file is a shortcut or "link" used by Windows as a reference to an original file, similar to an alias on the Macintosh platform. It contains the shortcut target type, location, and filename as well as the program that opens the target file and an optional shortcut key. The file can be created in Windows by right-clicking a file and then selecting "Create Shortcut."
View more »
|File Types||Browse file types and file extensions.|
|Software||Browse software program reviews.|
|Quizzes||View the archive of past software quizzes.|
|Help Center||Find answers to file-related questions.|
|Tutorials||Watch helpful file-related video tutorials.|
|Developers||Submit your file types and file extensions.|
Universal File Viewers
|Windows||File Viewer Plus for Windows|
|Mac||File Viewer for Mac|
|Android||File Viewer for Android|
Need a File Viewer?
Choose your platform:
- March 30, 2018It's tax season! Learn about the different tax file formats and the programs that open them.
- December 22, 2017iOS users – learn how to manage files with the iOS Files app.
- November 29, 2017File Viewer Plus version 2.2.1 is now available.
- October 17, 2017Upgrading to macOS High Sierra? Read about the new Apple File System (APFS).
- October 9, 2017Learn how to change file permissions in Windows 10 with this video tutorial.