FileInfo - The File Extensions Database
Search over 10,000 file extensions and software programs.
Today's File Type – February 25th
A PCT file is an image saved in the Macintosh PICT format, which was developed by Apple in 1984 for storing images using Apple QuickDraw technology. It contains image data in one of two formats, PICT 1, the original format that stores 8 colors, or PICT 2, a newer format that allows thousands of colors (24 and 32-bit images). PCT files support both raster and vector images.
View more »
|File Types||Browse file types and file extensions.|
|Software||Browse software program reviews.|
|Quizzes||View the archive of past software quizzes.|
|Help Center||Find answers to file-related questions.|
|Tutorials||Watch helpful file-related video tutorials.|
|Developers||Submit your file types and file extensions.|
Universal File Viewers
|Windows||File Viewer Plus for Windows|
|Mac||File Viewer for Mac|
|Android||File Viewer for Android|
Need a File Viewer?
Choose your platform:
- December 22, 2017iOS users – learn how to manage files with the iOS Files app.
- November 29, 2017File Viewer Plus version 2.2.1 is now available.
- October 17, 2017Upgrading to macOS High Sierra? Read about the new Apple File System (APFS).
- October 9, 2017Learn how to change file permissions in Windows 10 with this video tutorial.
- March 29, 2017Learn how to show file extensions in Windows 10 in three easy steps.
- February 8, 2017Tax season is here! Learn about the different tax file formats and the programs that open them.
- January 24, 2017FileInfo now uses HTTPS for added security.