File Type of the Day
Java Web Start File
A JNLP file is created in the Java Network Launching Protocol (JNLP) format. It contains information such as the remote address for downloading a Java program (.JAR file) and the initial class to run.
Microsoft Project File
An MPP file is a project created by Microsoft Project, a program for organizing, tracking, and maintaining projects. It contains a timeline, a list of tasks, budgets, resources assigned to tasks, and other project information.
GEDCOM Genealogy Data File
A GED file is a data file saved in the GEnealogical Data COMmunications (GEDCOM) format. It contains records of family history and genealogical event data, along with metadata linking the records.
Universal File Viewers
Open your files with one of the file viewing utilities recommended by FileInfo.com.
FileInfo.com contains a searchable database of over 10,000 file extensions with detailed information about the associated file types. You can look up information about unknown file types and find programs that open the files. Learn more about FileInfo.com.
- June 28, 2021File Viewer for Android 4.0 is now available.
- May 29, 2021Published new version of FileInfo.com with modernized user interface and performance improvements.
- February 4, 2021File Viewer Plus 4.0.1 is now available.
- January 26, 2021Learn about macOS packages and how to view the contents of a package.
- September 9, 2020Sort programs by pricing and platform on file extension pages.
- July 23, 2020Pricing information is now listed next to each program on file extension pages.