File Type of the Day
A MELTEM file is a document template created by Mellel, a word processor for macOS and iOS. It contains a default layout and settings for a document, including styles, text, tables, and other elements, that Mellel users use as a baseline for creating multiple .MELLEL documents with the same formatting and content.
Bzip2 Compressed File
A BZ2 file is a file that has been compressed by bzip2, a compression program often found on Unix-based systems. Unlike compressed archives, BZ2 files always contain only a single compressed file.
Zoo Compressed File
A ZOO file is a compressed archive created by the zoo compression program. It contains one or more files that have been compressed using a variant of the Lempel-Ziv-Welch (LZW) compression algorithm.
Universal File Viewers
Open your files with one of the file viewing utilities recommended by FileInfo.com.
FileInfo.com contains a searchable database of over 10,000 file extensions with detailed information about the associated file types. You can look up information about unknown file types and find programs that open the files. Learn more about FileInfo.com.
- December 27, 2022Add the updated File Extension Search Box to your website.
- December 15, 2022File Viewer for Android 4.2.3 is now available.
- November 16, 2022Learn how to zip files in Windows 11.
- November 16, 2022Learn how to show hidden files in Windows 11.
- October 13, 2022File Viewer for Android 4.2.2 is now available.
- October 12, 2022Learn how to identify and open files without an extension.
- October 10, 2022Learn how to open camera raw files.
- October 5, 2022File Viewer Plus 4.2.1 is now available.
- June 17, 2022Drop a file on the home page to identify the file type.
- March 2, 2022Learn about some alternatives to Adobe Creative Cloud.