FileInfo - The File Extensions Database
Search over 10,000 file extensions and software programs.
Today's File Type – March 18th
An MD file is a text file created using one of several possible dialects of the Markdown language. It is saved in plain text format but includes inline text symbols that define how to format the text (e.g., bold, indentations, headers, table formatting). MD files are designed for authoring plain text documentation that can be easily converted to HTML.
View more »
|File Types||Browse file types and file extensions.|
|Software||Browse software program reviews.|
|Quizzes||View the archive of past software quizzes.|
|Help Center||Find answers to file-related questions.|
|Tutorials||Watch helpful file-related video tutorials.|
|Developers||Submit your file types and file extensions.|
Universal File Viewers
|Windows||File Viewer Plus for Windows|
|Mac||File Viewer for Mac|
|Android||File Viewer for Android|
Need a File Viewer?
Choose your platform:
- December 22, 2017iOS users – learn how to manage files with the iOS Files app.
- November 29, 2017File Viewer Plus version 2.2.1 is now available.
- October 17, 2017Upgrading to macOS High Sierra? Read about the new Apple File System (APFS).
- October 9, 2017Learn how to change file permissions in Windows 10 with this video tutorial.
- March 29, 2017Learn how to show file extensions in Windows 10 in three easy steps.
- February 8, 2017Tax season is here! Learn about the different tax file formats and the programs that open them.
- January 24, 2017FileInfo now uses HTTPS for added security.