File Type of the Day
Aldus Placeable Metafile Image
An APM file is a vector image file saved in the Aldus Placeable Metafile format. It contains a list of commands that, when executed by an image viewer or placement program, draw an image.
A WPD file is a text document created by Corel WordPerfect, a word processor for Windows included with the WordPerfect Office suite. It may contain formatted text, tables, charts, drawn objects, and images.
MPEG-2 Elementary Stream Video
An MPV file contains raw video data encoded using the MPEG-2 codec. This "elementary stream" was likely output from a digital video recorder.
Universal File Viewers
Open your files with one of the file viewing utilities recommended by FileInfo.com.
FileInfo.com contains a searchable database of over 10,000 file extensions with detailed information about the associated file types. You can look up information about unknown file types and find programs that open the files. Learn more about FileInfo.com.
- December 27, 2022Add the updated File Extension Search Box to your website.
- December 15, 2022File Viewer for Android 4.2.3 is now available.
- November 16, 2022Learn how to zip files in Windows 11.
- November 16, 2022Learn how to show hidden files in Windows 11.
- October 13, 2022File Viewer for Android 4.2.2 is now available.
- October 12, 2022Learn how to identify and open files without an extension.
- October 10, 2022Learn how to open camera raw files.
- October 5, 2022File Viewer Plus 4.2.1 is now available.
- June 17, 2022Drop a file on the home page to identify the file type.
- March 2, 2022Learn about some alternatives to Adobe Creative Cloud.