File Type of the Day
Android Secure Application File
An ASEC file is a secure application introduced with Froyo, the version 2.2 release of the Android mobile operating system. It stores mobile application data using proprietary encryption and is saved to the .android_secure folder of a device's SD card.
Internet Security Certificate
A CER file is a security file provided by a third party Certificate Authority, such as VeriSign or Thwate, that verifies the authenticity of a website. It is installed on a web server to establish the validity of a certain website hosted on the server.
Java Keystore File
A JKS file is an encrypted security file used to store a set of cryptographic keys or certificates in the binary Java KeyStore (JKS) format. It requires a password to be opened.
Universal File Viewers
Open your files with one of the file viewing utilities recommended by FileInfo.com.
FileInfo.com contains a searchable database of over 10,000 file extensions with detailed information about the associated file types. You can look up information about unknown file types and find programs that open the files. Learn more about FileInfo.com.
- September 9, 2021File Viewer for Android 4.0.3 is now available.
- September 1, 2021Learn how to save a file as a PDF in macOS.
- August 27, 2021Learn how to save a file as a PDF in Windows 10.
- May 29, 2021Published new version of FileInfo.com with modernized user interface and performance improvements.
- February 4, 2021File Viewer Plus 4.0.1 is now available.
- January 26, 2021Learn about macOS packages and how to view the contents of a package.