FileInfo - The File Extensions Database
Search over 10,000 file extensions and software programs.
Today's File Type – October 16th
A PY file is a program file or script written in Python, an interpreted object-oriented programming language. It can be created and edited with a text editor, but requires a Python interpreter to run. PY files are often used for programming web servers and other administrative computer systems.
View more »
|File Types||Browse file types and file extensions.|
|Software||Browse software program reviews.|
|Quizzes||View the archive of past software quizzes.|
|Help Center||Find answers to file-related questions.|
|Tutorials||Watch helpful file-related video tutorials.|
|Developers||Submit your file types and file extensions.|
Universal File Viewers
|Windows||File Viewer Plus for Windows|
|Mac||File Viewer for Mac|
|Android||File Viewer for Android|
Need a File Viewer?
Choose your platform:
- March 30, 2018It's tax season! Learn about the different tax file formats and the programs that open them.
- December 22, 2017iOS users – learn how to manage files with the iOS Files app.
- November 29, 2017File Viewer Plus version 2.2.1 is now available.
- October 17, 2017Upgrading to macOS High Sierra? Read about the new Apple File System (APFS).
- October 9, 2017Learn how to change file permissions in Windows 10 with this video tutorial.