FileInfo - The File Extensions Database
Search over 10,000 file extensions and software programs.
Today's File Type – December 12th
An IGS file is a graphics file saved in a 2D/3D vector format based on the Initial Graphics Exchange Specification (IGES). It can store wireframe models, surface or solid object representations, circuit diagrams, and other objects. IGS files are used by many CAD programs as a standard ASCII text-based format for saving and exporting vector data.
View more »
|File Types||Browse file types and file extensions.|
|Software||Browse software program reviews.|
|Quizzes||View the archive of past software quizzes.|
|Help Center||Find answers to file-related questions.|
|Tutorials||Watch helpful file-related video tutorials.|
|Developers||Submit your file types and file extensions.|
Universal File Viewers
|Windows||File Viewer Plus for Windows|
|Mac||File Viewer for Mac|
|Android||File Viewer for Android|
Need a File Viewer?
Choose your platform:
- November 29, 2017File Viewer Plus version 2.2.1 is now available.
- October 17, 2017Upgrading to macOS High Sierra? Read about the new Apple File System (APFS).
- October 9, 2017Learn how to change file permissions in Windows 10 with this video tutorial.
- March 29, 2017Learn how to show file extensions in Windows 10 in three easy steps.
- February 8, 2017Tax season is here! Learn about the different tax file formats and the programs that open them.
- January 24, 2017FileInfo now uses HTTPS for added security.