File Type of the Day
A MID file is a standard MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) file used by music authoring and mixing programs as well as MIDI hardware devices. It contains music data, such as what notes are played, when they are played, how long each note is held, and how loud each note is played.
High Efficiency Image Format
An HEIC file contains one or more images saved in the High Efficiency Image Format (HEIF), a file format most commonly used to store photos on iOS devices. It contains an image or sequence of images likely created by an iPhone or iPad's Camera app, as well as metadata describing each image.
HTML5 Cache Manifest File
An APPCACHE file is a file used by web browsers to enable accessibility of web applications when there is no network connection. It contains copies of resources that make up web applications, such as image (.PNG, .GIF, etc.), .CSS, and .JS files, and are identified by URLs.
Universal File Viewers
Open your files with one of the file viewing utilities recommended by FileInfo.com.
FileInfo.com contains a searchable database of over 10,000 file extensions with detailed information about the associated file types. You can look up information about unknown file types and find programs that open the files. Learn more about FileInfo.com.
- April 25, 2022File Viewer Plus 4.1.1 is now available.
- April 19, 2022File Viewer for Android 4.1.3 is now available.
- March 2, 2022Learn about some alternatives to Adobe Creative Cloud.
- December 28, 2021Drop a file on the home page to view file details.
- December 17, 2021Learn about the 3-2-1 backup rule to protect your data.
- December 9, 2021File Viewer for Android has surpassed 10 million installs.
- September 1, 2021Learn how to save a file as a PDF in macOS.
- August 27, 2021Learn how to save a file as a PDF in Windows 10.
- May 29, 2021Published new version of FileInfo.com with modernized user interface and performance improvements.