File Type of the Day
Windows Media Video
A WMV file is a video saved in the Microsoft Advanced Systems Format (ASF) and compressed with Windows Media Video (WMV) compression. It may store an animation, video clip, TV episode, or movie and supports high-definition (HD) video.
An MBOX file is an email mailbox, saved in a mail storage format that lists an entire inbox's messages in a single text file. It saves messages in a concatenated format where each message is listed after another, starting with the From header.
Windows Backup Catalog
A WBCAT file is a backup information file created by Windows Backup and Restore. It is stored within a backup and contains a catalog of that backup's files.
Universal File Viewers
Open your files with one of the file viewing utilities recommended by FileInfo.com.
FileInfo.com contains a searchable database of over 10,000 file extensions with detailed information about the associated file types. You can look up information about unknown file types and find programs that open the files. Learn more about FileInfo.com.
- May 4, 2023File Viewer for Android 4.4 is now available.
- March 31, 2023Learn how to view file properties in Windows 11.
- March 22, 2023Learn how to create a shortcut in Windows 11.
- February 24, 2023Learn how to change desktop icon size in Windows 11.
- February 24, 2023Learn how to save a file as PDF in Windows 11.
- February 6, 2023File Viewer Plus 4.3 is now available.
- December 27, 2022Add the updated File Extension Search Box to your website.
- November 16, 2022Learn how to zip files in Windows 11.
- November 16, 2022Learn how to show hidden files in Windows 11.
- October 13, 2022File Viewer for Android 4.2.2 is now available.
- October 12, 2022Learn how to identify and open files without an extension.
- October 10, 2022Learn how to open camera raw files.
- June 17, 2022Drop a file on the home page to identify the file type.