An ODB file contains a database created by Apache OpenOffice Base (OOBase), an open source desktop relational database program. It stores an archive of data files that comprise the database and is formatted according to the OpenDocument standard. ODB files are used to save structured information such as tables and records.
ODB file open in Apache OpenOffice Base 4.1.3
OpenDocument databases contain a collection of files and folders that are compressed using Zip compression. They include settings.xml, context.xml, and manifest.xml files, as well as a database folder that contains the following files:
- properties: stores database settings
- script: contains table definitions
- data: contains the current state of the database
- backup: stores a compressed backup of the last consistent database state
- log: records changes to the database
To examine the contents of an ODB file manually, rename the ".odb" file extension to ".zip" and decompress the file with any Zip decompression utility.
NOTE: Apache OpenOffice was previously OpenOffice.org.