Keyboard Layout Creator Source File
1.9 | 7 Votes
What is a KLC file?
A KLC file contains a keyboard configuration created by Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator (MSKLC), a program used to create or modify keyboard layouts. It stores a layout of a keyboard and the functions associated with the keys. KLC files may include colors for assignable keys, dead keys, and unassignable keys.
To open the KLC file in Keyboard Layout Creator, follow these steps:
- Select File → Load Source File....
- Navigate to the location of the KLC file and select it.
- Click Open.
To create the KLC file in Keyboard Layout Creator, follow these steps:
- Configure the keyboard by selecting the keys and assigning functions to them.
- Click Keyboard → Save Source File or Save Source File As....
- Choose the save location, name the file, and click Save.
MSKLC is used to create new keyboard layouts, modify keyboard layouts, and package keyboard layouts for other Windows users. The program is designed for use in Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003.
However, MSKLC may also be used in Windows 10 with the Microsoft .NET 2.0 or .NET 3.5 Framework installed. The .NET 3.5 Framework option requires that you turn on ".NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)" in Windows Features.