(as of 1/20/2017)
(visit publisher's website)
- Prepares U.S. Federal and State tax returns
- Provides step-by-step guidance
- Offers free expert tax advice
- Guarantees the maximum refund and 100% accuracy
TaxAct is a tax preparation program used to prepare and file U.S. Federal and State tax returns. It provides a cost-effective, do-it-yourself experience.
TaxAct is available online or for Windows as a download in the following editions:
- Free - No cost option for simple federal tax returns
- Basic - Allows you to import data from the previous year
- Plus - Most popular option for itemized returns, homeowners, and investors
- Premium - Best choice for self-employed users, contractors, and freelancers
The TaxAct interface provides step-by-step guidance with simple, straight-forward questions. The program guarantees a 100% accurate return and the maximum refund possible. Throughout the return process, the program displays the current calculated total tax refund or tax due amount. If you do get hung up on a question or are confused by your refund or tax due amount, TaxAct offers technical assistance through its Answer Center and free email help.
TaxAct is a solid tool for helping you file your taxes. It provides step-by-step guidance and guarantees 100% accuracy on your returns. TaxAct may not offer the same technical assistance and amount of features as Intuit TurboTax or H&R Block Tax Software but it is available for much less. TaxAct proves to be a cost-effective and helpful tool for preparing and filing U.S. Federal and State tax returns.
▶ Primary file extension
▶ Other file extensions used by TaxAct 2016
|Supported File Types|
|.BA6||TaxAct 2016 Tax Return Backup File|
|.TA4||TaxAct 2014 Tax Return File|
|.TA5||TaxAct 2015 Tax Return File|
|Additional Related File Formats|
|Portable Document Format File|
Updated: January 20, 2017