|Version||0.9(as of 5/26/2021)|
|Platforms||Windows, Mac, Linux|
- User-friendly UI for amateur PCB creators
- Multiple project views and a robust parts library
- Ability to automatically finalize and export PCB designs
- A responsive, friendly online community
Fritzing is an electronic circuit design application that allows printed circuit board (PCB) enthusiasts to prototype and produce circuits. Students, hobbyists, and other amateurs use Fritzing to design circuits for Arduinos, Raspberry Pis, and other simple PCB-related devices.
The app's circuit design interface includes three project views: the breadboard view, the schematic view, and the PCB view. Each view allows users to create, edit, and examine their circuits in different ways:
- The breadboard view allows users to place and connect circuit parts on a virtual breadboard.
- The schematic view shows users what their circuit looks like as a circuit diagram.
- The PCB view allows users to design and export the documents necessary to produce a real PCB. It also includes an Autoroute feature that finalizes the circuit's connections.
Fritzing comes loaded with a score of default circuit parts that users can select from to build their circuits. If a part you need does not exist, you can create it yourself in Fritzing's Parts Editor, or you can attempt to find the part online. Fritzing's online community is fairly active, and Fritzing users often share parts, tutorials, finished circuit designs, and advice in the program's forums.
Those who are just entering the world of PCB design should definitely take a look at Fritzing. The program is inexpensive, intuitive, and supported by a responsive community of dedicated users, making it a quality choice for designing and sharing PCBs.
Primary File TypeFritzing Project File
Supported File Types
|.FZ||Fritzing Project File|
|.FZB||Fritzing Bin File|
|.FZBZ||Fritzing Bundled Bin File|
|.FZM||Fritzing Module File|
|.FZP||Fritzing XML Part Description|
|.FZPZ||Fritzing Part File|
|.FZZ||Fritzing Shareable Project File|