.SMPX File Extension
File TypeSmartMusic Accompaniment File
What is an SMPX file?
File created by Finale, a music notation program; contains music notation data for solos, assessments, or ensembles to accompany music in the SmartMusic program; similar to a .MIDI file but with enhanced features.
To create a SMPX file:
- Open your MIDI or .MUSX file and select .
- Choose the type of SmartMusic file you want to create (either "Assessment," "Ensemble," or "Solo" and click .
- Depending on the type of SmartMusic file you chose, there are several different dialog boxes that you will need to complete.
- Once you're done filling in those options, you will come to a window titled "Export SmartMusic Accompaniment - File Information." Here you will fill in the Title, Composer, and Copyright information of your accompaniment and then click .
- Finally, name your SMPX file, any tags, and choose the location to save your file, then click .
To open the SMPX file in SmartMusic, select .SMPX file and double-click it.. Navigate to the location of your
NOTE: The SMPX file was introduced in Finale 2014 to replace the .SMP file.