.SM File Extension
File Type 1SMath Studio Document
What is an SM file?
File created by SMath Studio, a math program with a paper-like interface; may contain mathematical equations, plain text, and graphs; allows the equations to be evaluated within the document.
File Type 2StepMania Song File
.SM File Association 2
Song file format used by StepMania, a dance and rhythm game that supports dance pad input; includes song information and references to music and image files; may be used for dance, pump, beat, and guitar songs.
SM files are saved in a text format and include several lines that begin with "#" followed by a specific tag. Examples of tags include TITLE, ARTIST, BACKGROUND, MUSIC, and BPMS. Each tag is followed by a value, such as a name, number, or filename.
File Type 3Space Engine 3D Mesh File
.SM File Association 3
3D model created by Space Engine, a freeware 3D space simulation program; contains a spacecraft model referenced during the simulation; similar to .CMOD files; can be customized.
To import your model from the 3D Editor in Space Engine:
- Save your model as an .OBJ file.
- Place the OBJ file in the data\models\spacecrafts\modelname\ folder.
- Add the ship script and run Space Engine.
- The OBJ file will be loaded and saved as a SM file, after the SM file is created, you can remove the OBJ file.
- To update your model, delete the SM file and repeat this process with your new OBJ file.
NOTE: SM files are loaded into Space Engine through .SC files.
model_path.sm - Default SM file name, must be changed to your specific spacecraft model name