Psychology Software Tools E-Prime
|Version||2(as of 2/16/2016)|
- Design computerized experiments
- Collect and organize data
- Analyze data results
- Integrate image, audio, and video formats into experiments
Psychology Software Tools E-Prime is a suite of applications used to design psychology experiments. The software offers computerized experiment design, data collection, and analysis. It is available in standard and professional editions.
E-Prime consists of a number of applications:
- E-Studio - Drag and drop interface for designing experiments.
- E-Basic - Underlying scripting language of E-Prime and similar to Visual Basic.
- E-Run - Used to run the E-Basic script and offers millisecond precision of stimulus presentation, synchronizations, and data collection.
- E-Merge - Combines all of your single session data for group analysis.
- E-DataAid - Utility used to manage your data, which includes editing, filtering, analyzing, and exporting data.
- E-Recovery - Enables recovery of data in case of lost or corrupted files or early terminated experiments.
The applications support a variety of file formats, which includes the E-Run 2.0 Script file, E-DataAid 2.0, and E-Merge 2.0 Data proprietary formats. E-Prime also supports several image, audio, and video formats, such as JPEG, PNG, MPEG, AVI, WMV, MP3, and WMA.
The E-Prime suite is designed to be easy enough for novice users but also features advanced functionality that is utilized by more than 5,000 research institutions and laboratories around the world. You can design computerized experiments, execute them, and then collect and analyze data from the experiments. Psychology Software Tools E-Prime is a quality tool that will assist you in implementing randomized and fixed psychology experiments.
Primary File TypeE-Run 2.0 Script File
Supported File Types
|.EBS2||E-Run 2.0 Script File|
|.EBS||E-Run 1.x Script|
|.EDAT||E-DataAid 1.x File|
|.EDAT2||E-DataAid 2.0 File|
|.EMRG2||E-Merge 2.0 Data File|
|.EPK2||E-Prime 2.0 Package File|
|.ES||E-Studio 1.x Experiment File|
|.ES2||E-Studio 2.0 Experiment File|
|.STARTUPINFO||E-Prime 2.0 Startup Info File|
Additional Related File Types
|.AVI||Audio Video Interleave File|
|.EMF||Enhanced Windows Metafile|
|.PNG||Portable Network Graphic|
|.TIF||Tagged Image File|
|.TIFF||Tagged Image File Format|
|.WMA||Windows Media Audio|
|.WMV||Windows Media Video|