.VSTX File Extension
Microsoft Visio Drawing Template
3.7 | 7 Votes
|Category||Vector Image Files|
What is a VSTX file?
A VSTX file is a drawing template created by Microsoft Visio, a technical drawing program. It stores a drawing with a layout, content, and settings Visio users utilize to create multiple Visio drawings (.VSDX files) with a similar appearance. Microsoft introduced the VSTX format when it released Visio 2013.
Microsoft Visio is a Windows application for visualizing complex information through technical drawings, such as network diagrams, organizational charts, system designs, and flowcharts. The software comes with templates, but you may create custom templates for your specific needs. To create a VSTX file with Visio, select File → Save As, then choose "Visio Template" from the "Save as type" dropdown list.
NOTE: Before the VSTX format, Visio saved templates in the binary-based VST format. However, Microsoft replaced the VST format with the Zip-based VSTX format when it released Visio 2013 (Visio 2013 and later versions still support VST files).
How to open a VSTX file
You can open a VSTX file with Microsoft Visio (Windows). To start a drawing from a VSTX template, follow these steps:
- Select File → New
- Click New from existing in the "Categories" list and select Create
- Select the template you want to open and click Open in the "New from Existing Drawing" dialog
How to convert a VSTX file
Microsoft Visio can convert VSTX files to various file types, including the following formats:
- .VSDX - Microsoft Visio Drawing
- .VSD - Microsoft Visio Drawing (Legacy)
- .VST - Microsoft Visio Drawing Template (Legacy)
- .JPG - JPEG Image
- .PNG - Portable Network Graphic
- .GIF - Graphical Interchange Format
- .SVG - Scalable Vector Graphics File
- .EMF - Enhanced Windows Metafile
- .PDF - Portable Document Format
- .XPS - XML Paper Specification