.SVS File Extension
File Type 1Game Boy Advance Saved State File
What is an SVS file?
Contains saved data from an emulated Game Boy Advance (GBA) video game; allows the game to be saved and resumed from the saved state; may be generated by gpSP (game play SP), a GBA emulation program.
The gpSP emulator is available for the Sony PSP and has also been ported to the iPhone and iPod touch.
Programs that open SVS files
File Type 2Need for Speed: World Vinyl Setup
.SVS File Association 2
An SVS file is a vinyl setup that can be applied to a car in Need for Speed: World, a free-to-play massively multiplayer online (MMO) racing game. It contains information used to apply a specific set and arrangement of vinyls to a car. SVS files are applied to cars using the mod-created VinylManager application.
In 2010, Electronic Arts released Need for Speed: World, the 15th installment in the Need for Speed video game franchise. In the game, players could race high-performance cars against AI opponents and other players from around the world. Players could also unlock additional cars and customization options while leveling up their in-game character.
Some of the game's customization options took the form of vinyls. Vinyls were decals players used to decorate their cars. For example, a player could apply a number of vinyls to make their car look like a souped-up taxi cab or a police car. Players adept at modding Need for Speed: World created the VinylManger application to allow them to save their cars' vinyl setups as SVS files and easily apply those setups to other cars, as well as share them with other players.
Electronic Arts discontinued Need for Speed: World and shut down the game's servers in 2015. However, the game's dedicated player base has created their own version of the game, called Need for Speed: World Offline, which still allows players to use VinylManger and SVS files to apply vinyl setups to their cars.
How do I open an SVS file?
You can use VinylManager to apply the vinyl setup contained within an SVS file to a car in Need for Speed: World. To do so, you must download VinylManager and then:
- Start Need for Speed: World and, in your Safehouse, select the car you want to customize.
- Select .
- Start VinylManager (by running it as an administrator) and select the SVS file you want to apply to a car. Note how many vinyls are contained within the SVS file.
- In Need for Speed: World, apply as many vinyls as are contained within your SVS file to your car. You can apply any vinyls to your car in this step; you will remove these vinyls later.
- In VinylManager, click .
- In Need for Speed: World, select . The vinyl setup contained within your SVS file will be applied to your car.
- Remove the vinyls you applied in step 4.