.RFU File Extension
File TypeRemote Firmware Update
What is an RFU file?
To remotely upgrade firmware:
- Find the current firmware version installed on the product.
- Go to the HP website, find the most current firmware, and download it.
- Download the firmware to the appropriate product.
Reasons the firmware update may fail:
- Corrupt RFU file: Product recognizes that the RFU file is corrupted and negates the update.
- Wrong product is enclosed in the RFU file: Product recognizes the mismatch and rejects update.
- Flash hardware failure: Product hardware failure.
NOTE: Before installing, read the README file that came with the RFU file for important instructions.