3.5 | 6 Votes
What is an OBK file?
To create the OBK file:
- Select the "Start file backup" option on the main Start page or select Start → File backup from the menu.
- Select the drive and check the box next to the source file(s) you'd like to create a backup for, and click Start file backup.
- A "File backup" window will open with the "Target" directory highlighted and other backup options. Once you tailor the options to your liking, click Start. When the process is completed, click Close.
To restore an file using the OBK file:
- Select Start → File restoration from the menu.
- Navigate to the OBK file you'd like to restore and click Open.
- Select the file(s) you'd like to restore the drive from and click Start file restoration.
- A "File restoration" window will open, click Start. When the process is completed, click Close.
NOTE: You can extract OBK files with applications like Win-Zip, except for encrypted files, which can only be accessed with O&O DiskImage.
Programs that open OBK files
OrangeCD Backup File
1.0 | 1 Vote
An OBK file contains a backup of a .DAB database created by OrangeCD Catalog, a program included with the OrangeCD Suite used to catalog users' digital music collections. It stores the same information as the DAB database but is created in case the original database becomes corrupt or is deleted.
OrangeCD Catalog is designed to make it easier for you to organize and access your locally stored music. The application allows you to add songs from CDs, DVDs, and digital audio files into a database, and stores references to the locations of the media and its metadata in the DAB database file.
You can create an OBK backup for a database with OrangeCD Catalog by selecting Database → Backup → To file....
How to open an OBK file
You can only open OBK files with OrangeCD Catalog. To open an OBK file, select Database → Restore from backup....