.OBK File Extension
File TypeBackup File
What is an OBK file?
Backup file created by O&O DiskImage, a file backup and Disk image creation application; contains a compressed, exact duplicate of the original file data; does not contain any drive information like the disk image file extension, .OMG.
To create the OBK file:
- Select the "Start file backup" option on the main Start page or select from the menu.
- Select the drive and check the box next to the source file(s) you'd like to create a backup for, and click .
- A "File backup" window will open with the "Target" directory highlighted and other backup options. Once you tailor the options to your liking, click . When the process is completed, click .
To restore an file using the OBK file:
- Select from the menu.
- Navigate to the OBK file you'd like to restore and click .
- Select the file(s) you'd like to restore the drive from and click .
- A "File restoration" window will open, click . When the process is completed, click .
NOTE: You can extract OBK files with applications like Win-Zip, except for encrypted files, which can only be accessed with O&O DiskImage.