.OBK File Extension
File TypeBackup File
File format categories include Binary, Text, XML, and Zip. The format of this file type has not been determined.
What is an OBK file?
Backup file created by O&O DiskImage, a file backup and Disk image creation application; contains a compressed, exact duplicate of the original file data; does not contain any drive information like the disk image file extension, .OMG.
To create the OBK file:
- Select the "Start file backup" option on the main Start page or select from the menu.
- Select the drive and check the box next to the source file(s) you'd like to create a backup for, and click .
- A "File backup" window will open with the "Target" directory highlighted and other backup options. Once you tailor the options to your liking, click . When the process is completed, click .
To restore an file using the OBK file:
- Select from the menu.
- Navigate to the OBK file you'd like to restore and click .
- Select the file(s) you'd like to restore the drive from and click .
- A "File restoration" window will open, click . When the process is completed, click .
NOTE: You can extract OBK files with applications like Win-Zip, except for encrypted files, which can only be accessed with O&O DiskImage.