.MPP File Extension
Microsoft Project File
3.4 | 127 Votes
What is an MPP file?
An MPP file is a project created by Microsoft Project, a program for organizing, tracking, and maintaining projects. It contains a timeline, a list of tasks, budgets, resources assigned to tasks, and other project information. MPP files are often utilized to store workloads, schedules, and finances.
Microsoft released Project in 1984 to manage projects, develop schedules, set budgets, and allocate resources. The MPP format is the native file type associated with Microsoft Project and stores project information when saving a project.
Since 1984, Microsoft has released different versions of Project and the MPP format. You can view the following list to check the versions of MPP files supported by different versions of Project:
- MS Project 98 can open Project 4.x and Project 98 files.
- MS Project 2000 can open Project 98 and Project 2000 files.
- MS Project 2002 can open Project 98, Project 2000, and Project 2002 files.
- MS Project 2003 can open Project 98, 2000, 2002, and 2003 files.
- MS Project 2007 can open Project 98, 2000-2003, and 2007 files.
- MS Project 2010 can open Project 98, 2000-2003, 2007, and 2010 files.
- MS Project 2013 can open Project 2000-2003, 2007, 2010, and 2013 files.
- MS Project 2016 can open Project 2000-2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016 files.
- MS Project 2019 can open Project 2000-2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019 files.
How do I open an MPP file?
You can open and edit an MPP file with Microsoft Project in Windows. You can also open an MPP file with third-party applications, such as MOOS Project Viewer (multiplatform), OpenProj (multiplatform), and Steelray Project Viewer (multiplatform).
Housatonic Project Viewer 365 is another application that supports MPP files. It is available for Android, iOS, and as a web application.
Programs that open MPP files
MobileFrame Project Publisher File
3.6 | 14 Votes
What is an MPP file?
File created by MobileFrame Desktop, an administrative tool used to manage MobileFrame mobile application projects and deployments; contains one or more MobileFrame projects and all project dependencies; used for saving all project data in a single archive.
MPP project files may include data for mobile application development, mobile device management, project administration, and GPS tracking, as well as configuration data for integrating with business systems.