.MPP File Extension
File Type 1Microsoft Project File
What is an MPP file?
An MPP file is a project created by Microsoft Project, a program for organizing, tracking, and maintaining projects. It contains a timeline, a list of tasks, budgets, resources assigned to tasks, and other project information. MPP files are used to control workloads, schedules, finances, etc.
MPP files are the main file type associated with Microsoft Project and are created when you save a project. You can open and edit an MPP file with Microsoft Project or you can choose from one of the many viewers available for download.
NOTE: Different versions of MS Project can open some, but not all project files. View the following list for more information.
- MS Project 98 can open Project 4.x and Project 98 files.
- MS Project 2000 can open Project 98 and Project 2000 files.
- MS Project 2002 can open Project 98, Project 2000, and Project 2002 files.
- MS Project 2003 can open Project 98, 2000, 2002, and 2003 files.
- MS Project 2007 can open Project 98, 2000-2003, and 2007 files.
- MS Project 2010 can open Project 98, 2000-2003, 2007, and 2010 files.
- MS Project 2013 can open Project 2000-2003, 2007, 2010, and 2013 files.
- MS Project 2016 can open Project 2000-2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016 files.
- MS Project 2019 can open Project 2000-2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019 files.
Programs that open MPP files
File Type 2MobileFrame Project Publisher File
.MPP File Association 2
File created by MobileFrame Desktop, an administrative tool used to manage MobileFrame mobile application projects and deployments; contains one or more MobileFrame projects and all project dependencies; used for saving all project data in a single archive.
MPP project files may include data for mobile application development, mobile device management, project administration, and GPS tracking, as well as configuration data for integrating with business systems.