.GDB File Extension
File Type 1InterBase Database File
What is a GDB file?
Database file created with Borland InterBase; default extension used by versions of InterBase prior to InterBase 7.0; databases created with InterBase 6.5 and earlier have a 2GB file size limit.
InterBase 7.0 and later saves database files with an .IB file extension.
File Type 2GPS Database File
.GDB File Association 2
A GDB file is a database file created by MapSource, a GPS route editing and trip-planning application. It contains waypoints, routes, and tracks that can be transferred to a Garmin navigation device. GDB files are similar to the universally transferrable .GPX files.
To create a GDB file in MapSource, simply select, choose your save location, name your file, select the GDB format, and click .
To create/export a GDB file in the BaseCamp program:
- Choose a list or device you want to export data from or click if you want to export all data in the Library.
- Select , click to export all the items in a list or folder or click to export selected items.
- Choose a location you want to save your file, select the the GDB file format, name your file, and click .
To import a GDB file in the BaseCamp program:
- Go to the Library and Devices pane and choose the location from which you'd like to import the GDB file.
- Select .
- Choose your GDB file and click .