.DLU File Extension
File Type3ds Max Utility Plug-in File
This file is saved in a binary format, which requires a specific program to read its contents.
What is a DLU file?
Plug-in used by 3ds Max, a program used for creating and animating 3D models; contains a utility for the software, such as a file format importer or exporter; may be a Standard MAX plug-in included with the software, or an Additional MAX plug-in added to the software; used for extending 3ds Max with new capabilities.
DLU plug-ins can be viewed in 3ds Max by selecting \stdplugs\ directory of a 3ds Max installation, while Additional MAX plug-ins are stored in the \PlugIns\ directory.. Standard MAX plug-ins are located in the
Some examples of Standard MAX plug-ins include:
- FBXMAX.DLU: .FBX File Importer/Exporter
- POLYGONCOUNT.DLU: Polygon Count Utility
- BATCHRENDERUTIL.DLU: Batch Render Manager
- CBROWSER.DLU: Asset Browser Utility
- CURVECONTROL.DLU: Custom Curve Control tool