.VJP File Extension
File TypeVisual Studio J++ Project
What is a VJP file?
A VJP file is a project created by Visual J++ development software. It contains references to source files used by the project and project settings. VJP files are saved in the MSBuild format, which can be compiled into an executable program using the MSBuild platform.
The VJP file is one of several project files created by Visual Studio. Other project files include the .VJSPROJ file used to store a J# project, the .CSPROJ file used to store a C# project, and the .VBPROJ file used to store a Visual Basic project.
You can convert a Visual J++ project to Visual C# in Visual Studio:
- Choose "Java Language Conversion Assistant" and click
- Select "A Visual J++ project" on the "Source files" page
- Click on the "Select a project" page
- Navigate to the VJP file and select it
- Name the project and choose the directory on the "Specify a directory for your new project" page
- And click on the "Begin your conversion" page
Visual J++ is a Java programming development tool included in Microsoft Visual Studio. The software enables you to build, modify, run, debug, and package an application.
NOTE: Visual J++ is no longer available for distribution. The last release of Visual Studio to include J++ was 6.0.