.PVD File Extension
File Type 1Polygen3D Vector Descriptor
What is a PVD file?
Project file created by Polygen3D, a Java tool used for generating 3D surfaces; contains project data such as graphic, surface data and any other project-specific information;
The PVD file is created by selecting thebutton in the Polygen3D dialog box. In the next prompt, you can name your file, choose its save location, and then select .
This file is created in the group-able colon separated key-value (GCSKV) format which stores key/value pairs/groups in plain text. Here is a simple example of the format:
Property key names and property names that appear in the file include:
- pvdversion = Property key name that indicates the PVD format version used by the file. The value of this property is a number, ex. 1.
- generator = Property key name indicating the creator of the application. The value is the name of the application that generated the file, ex. Polygen3D.
- dimension = Property key name specifying the height and width of the graphic. The value must be a number, ex. dimension:width/353:height/366
- surface = Property set that defines the features of each surface included in the project, may occur multiple times in a file.
- name = Surface name property displays the name of the surface.
- border = Border property defines the border color of all the polygons included in a surface. It will appear in the #rrggbb color format.
- texture = Texture property gives the location of the texture applied to the surface. It may be an absolute or relative path.
- pos = Position property indicates the position of the surface on the graphic. The value must be a positive number, can include decimals, and will default to 0 for both x and y if no value is given.
- count = Count property gives the amount of polygons on a surface. The value must be a positive number, ex. count:x/3:y/6.
- size = Size property indicates the size of all the polygons on the surface. The value must be a positive number, ex. size:x/12.0:y/13.0.
- shift = Edge shifting property declares how far to the bottom and right each polygon should be shifted relative to the top and left sides. The value can be a positive or negative number, ex. shift:x/0.1:y/0.4.
NOTE: The Polygen3D program is a .JAR file that requires Java 7 or later to run.
File Type 2Instalit Script
.PVD File Association 2
Script that contains a list of commands run by the Instalit DOS/Windows installation toolkit; used for installing software programs and related files; no longer developed or supported.