KSP Spacecraft File
4.1 | 51 Votes
What is a CRAFT file?
A CRAFT file is a spacecraft file created by KSP (Kerbal Space Program), a space program building game. It contains data that describes a player's spacecraft, which was built in the in-game Vehicle Assembly Building or Spaceplane Hangar. CRAFT files are the primary files used for saving spacecrafts designed by a player.
CRAFT files are saved in a plain text format and are typically saved to the Ships directory of the game installation. Players typically do not interact directly with CRAFT files but instead use the save and load buttons in the game, which create and open CRAFT files.
How to open a CRAFT file
You can open CRAFT files with Squad Kerbal Space Program, which is available for Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Copy the entire "io_object_mu" addon folder from GitHub to the Blender scripts/addons folder
- Select [m]Edit → Preferences... → Add-ons in Blender
- Choose "Import-Export: Mu model format (KSP)"
- Check the checkbox next to the option, configure the settings for the addon, and click "Save User Settings"
- Select File → Import → KSP Craft and choose the CRAFT file you want to open.