.VPB File Extension
Microsoft Photos Video Project Backup
2.0 | 2 Votes
|Format||Text and Binary|
What is a VPB file?
A VPB file is a backup of a video project created in Microsoft Photos' Video Editor. It contains an exact copy of the video project's data, including a copy of the videos, photos, and other media the project includes. You can import a VPB file into Microsoft Photos to view and edit the project it contains.
In Windows 10 and later versions, Microsoft Photos includes a Video Editor. This simple video editor allows users to import photos, videos, and audio files and splice them together into movies. Video Editor also allows users to add title cards, text, motion effects, 3D effects, and filters to their movies.
By default, Microsoft Photos Video Editor automatically saves and loads users' video projects from a hidden system directory. However, users can also manually export backups of their Video Editor projects, which are saved as VPB files. For example, a user who wants to transfer their project from one PC to another may want to export the project as a VPB file. Each VPB file includes all of a project's media files, as well as information about edits and effects the user applied to the project.
How do I back up a Microsoft Photos Video Editor project?
To back up a Microsoft Photos Video Editor project:
- With your project open in Microsoft Photos Video Editor, select the ... button that appears on the program's right-hand side.
- Select Back up project and, when prompted, select Choose backup location.
- Name and save your project as a VPB file.
How to open a VPB file
You can open a VPB file in Microsoft Photos (Windows). To do so:
- Open Photos' Video Editor.
- Select the ... button that appears next to the New video project button.
- Select Import backup.
- Navigate to and open your VPB file.