Taikojiro Song Map File
3.1 | 21 Votes
What is a TJA file?
A TJA file is a song map file used by Taikojiro, a song-based rhythm game, and its variants. It contains data used to show prompts in Taikojiro. TJA files are always stored alongside accompanying audio files, which are typically songs, in folders that are usually named for the audio file.
Taikojiro is a rhythm game in which players press buttons in time to music, attempting to synchronize their button presses with on-screen prompts. TJA files describe when prompts appear on-screen during a song.
- The song title that will appear when the TJA file is loaded in Taikojiro
- The song's difficulty
- The song's beats per minute
- The name of the audio file the TJA file is meant to be used with
Each TJA file must be stored alongside the audio file it is meant to be used with. When players load a song in Taikojiro and related games, they actually load the folder that contains the TJA file and its accompanying song, not the TJA file itself.
How to open a TJA file
You can open a TJA file in Taikojiro (Windows), TJAPlayer3 (Windows), or Taiko Web (Web). To open a TJA file in Taiko Web:
- Make sure the TJA file and its accompanying audio file are located in the same folder.
- Go to Taiko Web's website, click to begin, and then select Custom Song List.
- Select Local Folder..., then locate and upload the folder that contains your TJA file.
- From the game's main menu, select the song you uploaded.