.NWM File Extension
File Type 1Sony NWM Display Screen File
What is an NWM file?
An NWM file is a static or animated image that can be displayed on a Sony Network Walkman. The Network Walkman was an alternative to the iPod and other portable music players in the early 2000s. Models include the NW-E405, NW-E407, NW-E503, NW-E505, NW-E507, NW-A605, NW-A607, and NW-A608.
An NWM image file can be transferred to a supported Walkman by following these instructions:
- Download / save the NWM file to your computer.
- Connect the Network Walkman to your PC with a USB cable.
- Open "My Computer" and you should see a new Removable Drive, most likely the E: Drive.
- Open the drive and look for a folder called "NWWM-SCR." If the folder does not exist, create a new folder named "NWWM-SCR."
- Copy the NWM file from your computer to the NWWM-SCR folder on the Network Walkman. (Only one file should be placed in the folder at a time.)
- Eject (or unmount) the Walkman in Windows, then disconnect it from your computer.
- Turn on the Network Walkman and hold the Search/Menu button until the menu is displayed.
- Select "Display Screen" and press the Play/Stop button to select the new display screen option.
Programs that open NWM files
File Type 2Nisus Macro
.NWM File Association 2
Macro created by Nisus Writer Pro, a rich text word processor; contains code for the automated commands that take care of time-consuming tasks like removing repeated sentences or reorganizing the content of your table of contents in your document.
NWM files are located in the following directory:
~/Library/Application Support/Nisus Writer/Macros
You can also access pre-loaded NWM files by selectingand selecting the appropriate folder.
To create a NWM file, select, add your content, and then select , name the file, choose the save location, select "Nisus Macro" from the "File Format" drop down menu, and click .
To run the NWM file, select, navigate to the file, and select .