.FOUNTAIN File Extension
File TypeFountain Script File
What is a FOUNTAIN file?
Text file created by screenwriting applications, such as Storyist; contains UTF-8 text written in screenplay format using simple Fountain-specific syntax; can be opened by any text editor and easily shared.
Some basic syntax guidelines for a FOUNTAIN file include:
- Character names are in upper case.
- Dialogue follows immediately after Character on the next line.
- Scene headings begin with INT, IEXT, EST, INT./EXT, INT/EXT, and I/E followed by a period or space.
- Transitions end in "T0:".
- Parentheticals are contained in parentheses.
To create a FOUNTAIN file in Storyist:
- Select and choose the items you want to export.
- Select "Fountain Script (.fountain)" from the Format drop down menu, click .
- Select any export options you want, click again, name the file, choose the save location, and click .
To import a FOUNTAIN file in Storyist, select, navigate to your file, and click . Then, choose your import options in the Import Assistant, select "Next", and click .