Some basic syntax guidelines for a FOUNTAIN file include:
- Character names are in upper case.
- Dialogue follows immediately after Character on the next line.
- Scene headings begin with INT, IEXT, EST, INT./EXT, INT/EXT, and I/E followed by a period or space.
- Transitions end in "T0:".
- Parentheticals are contained in parentheses.
Visit the Fountain
site to learn more about the syntax.
To create a FOUNTAIN file in Storyist:
and choose the items you want to export.
- Select "Fountain Script (.fountain)" from the Format drop down menu, click
- Select any export options you want, click
again, name the file, choose the save location, and click .
To import a FOUNTAIN file in Storyist, select
, navigate to your file, and click . Then, choose your import options in the Import Assistant, select "Next", and click .