AutoCAD VBA Project File
3.9 | 13 Votes
What is a DVB file?
A DVB file is a VBA project created by AutoCAD VBA, a module used to write applications for automating tasks in AutoCAD. It contains a Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) program, which is known as a macro that includes components and code for automating a task.
You can choose to save a VBA project two different ways:
- Save the macro as a DVB file - This allows you to easily move the VBA macro between AutoCAD drawings.
- Embed the macro into a drawing - This allows you to easily package the macro with an AutoCAD drawing and the macro is automatically loaded when the drawing is opened.
You can manage a VBA project after loading the DVB file that contains the project into the AutoCAD drawing environment. To load the DVB file:
- Type vbaman at the command prompt and press Enter.
- Click Load in the VBA Manager dialog box.
- Browse to the DVB file, select load, and click Open.
- Click Enable Macros in the message box and select Close.
NOTE: VBA was included with the AutoCAD installation but must now be downloaded and installed separately. You can download the AutoCAD VBA module below.