.3GX File Extension
What is a 3GX file?
A 3GX file is a Luma3DS 3GX (3DS Game eXtension) plug-in used by a Nintendo 3DS (N3DS) handheld gaming console with the Boot9Strap custom firmware loader and Luma3DS program installed. The file contains a plug-in that extends the functionality of an N3DS game, such as adding a cheat loader or game mod.
You will most likely only encounter a 3GX file if you are an N3DS gamer looking to modify your games. The Luma3DS 3GX plug-in format is developed by Nanquitas and evolved from the NTR PLG plug-in format. The primary advancement is the ability to load C/C++/asm code into an N3DS game at runtime, which is then executed.
You may create your own 3GX plug-in or download a plug-in and install it on your N3DS console (Boot9Strap must be installed) via an SD card. Luma3DS, which is a custom firmware program, must also be installed on your device.
How do I install the 3GX plug-in?
In order to install the 3GX plug-in, follow these instructions:
- Download the boot.firm file from here and place it in your SD card root to overwrite the current one.
- Create a "plugins" folder in the "luma" folder in your SD card.
- Make a folder with the name of the game's titleid and place it in the "plugins" folder.
- Place the 3GX file in the folder with your game titleid.
- Insert the SD card in your 3DS device and boot it up (select "Show NAND or user string in System Settings" if you are greeted with a luma config screen, then press start).
- Open the rosalina menu in the home menu and enable the plug-in loader, then press B to exit rosalina.
- Open the game (the screen should flash green or blue when starting).