If EML files will not open in Outlook Express, try the following:
NOTE: EML files may also be opened in Internet Explorer since they are formatted the same as .MHT files. Changing the file extension from ".eml" to ".mht" should cause the file to open directly in Internet Explorer. EML files may also be opened within Internet Explorer using the Microsoft Exchange Server Outlook WebAccess client.
- Open My Computer.
- Select Folder Options from the Tools menu.
- Click the File Types tab.
- Under Registered file types, select EML Outlook Express Mail Message, then click Advanced.
- Click Open, then click Edit.
- Type the following line in the "Application used to perform action" box:
"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\MSIMN.EXE" /eml:%1
- Click OK twice, then close the window.